The invention of the personal computer (PC) stands as one of the most transformative developments of the late 20th century, reshaping industries, economies, and everyday life. The roots of the personal computer trace back to the evolution of computing technology, which began in the mid-20th century with large, room-sized mainframe computers. Early computers were expensive and accessible only to large organizations and governments. However, key innovations throughout the 1970s and early 1980s set the stage for the emergence of personal computing. The foundational breakthrough came with the development of microprocessors, which allowed for the miniaturization of computing power. In 1971, Intel introduced the first microprocessor, the Intel 4004, which paved the way for the creation of affordable, smaller computers. This era witnessed the advent of early personal computers such as the Altair 8800, which gained popularity among hobbyists and engineers. The simplicity of these machines allo...
I am a poet with sharp wit.
My mind is adept at keeping…
Together all the grime and grit.
Compartmentalization is key.
Understanding how to keep it that way…
Does not come for free.
A fine, thin line I tread,
Almost falling over the edge.
Whether I’m alive or dead,
It depends on who’s asking the question.
Is it the invisible person on your shoulder,
Or the one at the door with a suggestion?
How many minutes must I waste…
Waiting for an answer that’ll never come?
I cannot rid my palate of the dust I taste.
Comments
Post a Comment